Friday, December 7, 2007

pre camp, training camp

Yesterday, Mary Miller and Sarah Groff arrived. They are in town for about 5 days to get a feel for L.A. so that they know what to expect when they arrive for good come January.

We started out camp with a swim this morning. I was expecting brutal, but it wasn't. I was actually kind of disappointed. Although, I did have trouble making the final intervals but that's because I took the opportunity to try to swim them all at the same, very quick, speed.

This afternoon we headed up Coldwater Canyon to find some trails up near Mullholand. They were great. I warned Siri that I would likely get lost, and sure enough, I did... but so did everyone else, so I didn't feel so bad. The trails led to some incredible views. It was hard to believe that we were still in L.A. I had a fartlek run, which was tough, but Siri was quite pleased with my form and said that even since August she can tell a remarkable difference. Let's just hope it starts to show in my racing!!

Finally, I sped back to Santa Monica for another session with Harry. We focused on my upper body tonight and discovered some new weaknesses. I'm excited because it means there is so much more to work on. He is so pleased with how far I have come in only 8 sessions and says that with a big block of time come the new year that major gains will come our way.

After a brief evening of babysitting, to make some money, I'm off to bed. Early ride and day 2 of the mini-camp.

It is all smiles here, even under the odd and slightly dreary weather. :)

No comments: