Saturday, December 8, 2007

day 2, training camp

It started out with an early morning ride out PCH. I decided to do the Malibu Canyon to Piuma climb. I had never climbed Piuma by bike, only in a car, so I was excited to see it from a new vantage point. The view was spectacular and had my body not been so trashed from yesterday, I probably would have enjoyed it even more. After a big breakfast and a nice long nap, I suited up and got in my easy run. I have a hard time keeping my run easy when I am feeling good, plus I was trying to work on my cadence and keeping a high cadence while running easy is really about as easy as patting your head and rubbing your stomach.

This evening, my family hosted an amazing holiday dinner. Friends and relatives all came over, including Sarah and Mary, and we all had some traditional Jewish dishes as well as superb Salmon, fruit and vegetables. It was a great meal and a lot of fun to meet some more new people and to see others, like my "grandparents", again.

I got my 2nd "Hannukah" present tonight from Jason, a good friend of the Given's (and now a good friend of mine too). He is just one of the many amazing people I have been fortunate enough to get to know over the last month or so. In the same vein as the first gift, which was the Ugly Doll Abima, I was tonight given the Ugly Doll Dog. They are totally hilarious and will make for amazing pillows on the airplane when I travel. Plus, they are both red, so they are impossible not to like. I am enjoying the menorah and pretending that I am part Jewish. It makes me even more excited to head home to Boston in just over a week!!

To bed. Tired, and camp is only just beginning...

No comments: