Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Chlorine

My skin is having a lot of trouble with the over exposure to chlorine. I have been spending so much time in the pool these last few weeks and that coupled with the colder weather is doing a number on my skin. My face is bright red, almost windburned in appearance, but it is from the chlorine. I have the same problem on my neck and legs. It is quite uncomfortable as I am itchy all of the time. I carry around a big container of lotion and apply it liberally often. It is only just making it bearable. It's funny that after 16 years of swimming I am just now having a reaction of this magnitude, I suppose it just shows how much I have been swimming... and perhaps how high the chlorine levels in the pool are.

Fortunately, as of late, my hair has not started to go green. So, I suppose that is good news.

It'll be interesting to see if I can get a handle on it since the time in the pool is only going to continue to increase over the next few weeks. I am also going to be heading back to Boston where the air is even more cold and dry. I guess I had better invest in a few more containers of lotion!!

No comments: