Saturday, November 17, 2007

Training Day 2

Just as I was explaining to my California family that I had nothing to do today, my phone rang and Harry announced that since my day was clear that we would go train.

He took me to the Santa Monica stairs to show me some exercises I could do up and down them. I tell you, running stairs is not easy. Amazing how you can think you are fit and then find exercises that make you question if you are even remotely in shape. He also took some time to watch me run, not much since I'm on "vacation" and not allowed to be running, so he could see my gait on roads not just on a treadmill. I have so many things to work on, my head was spinning as I was trying to focus on all of them at the same time.

The best part of the workout was when he gave me a 10 second head start and chased me up about 60 stairs. I was dying by the end!! I know, in a few weeks and after some more training with him, that I'll be able to beat him, but today, I got my butt kicked!!

I am still incredibly sore from yesterday and I think tomorrow I'm going to wake up sore in even more places. I have tomorrow off from training but have to work for 5 hours at TriFit. Then Monday, its back to work and back to training!!

No comments: