Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!!

Current Home: Santa Monica, CA
Current Homestay: The Given Family
Current Status: relieved and quite happy :)

Monday evening, I moved back up to Santa Monica. Although I had a blast with Jen down in Costa Mesa, and the riding was terrific, everything I know is up here, so finding somewhere to live here was important to me.

Luckily, I have had the support of Gina and Bernard, owners of TriFit (www.trifitla.com), who put out the word that I was in a tough spot. Immediately, I had an offer. So, I am now living with the most amazing couple. When they heard about my situation they immediately offered to take me in. I have even been invited to stay here until I leave for Boulder in May!! I feel so lucky. They are just remarkable people who are, by the way, also both competing in Ironman Florida this weekend!!

Tonight, I am going to celebrate Halloween with some of the Given's friends. Apparently, they have over 300 kids show up to their house every year! It should be a lot of fun to see all of the costumes and to just enjoy the holiday.

But first, I am off to a full day of training!

No comments: