Monday, October 29, 2007

Start of a New Week

The Red Sox won the World Series last night. Awesome. That pretty much sums it up. Although, it was inevitable as Jen and I made a "clinching cake" before the game started (and happily ate it after).

The Pats scored 52 points in their game yesterday. It was kind of ridiculous to watch.

So, I suppose, it is a good feeling to be from Boston right now. I think some of the magic has already started to rub off on me.

For the past year or so, I have had a hard time motivating myself to go out and do my workouts. I never mind them once I am going, but getting out of bed is a real struggle most of the time. I know there are a number of reasons for that, but imagine my shock when suddenly motivation was not an issue anymore. Yesterday morning, I woke early, suited up and headed out on my long ride. I had mapped out a route the night before, since I am not familiar with the area, and I just started riding. Before I knew it, it had been 2 hours. My normally "angry" shoulder was relatively peaceful and as I turned to head home, up the last leg of the giant loop, I had a feeling of calm, serenity and complete happiness wash over me. I don't know that I have ever gone for a ride, that long, by myself before and honestly I felt like I could keep riding forever. My legs hardly noticed the 50 something odd miles I had just put on them. It was really pretty amazing.

Today, I move on from Costa Mesa. I am heading back up to Santa Monica to stay with a couple, that I don't really know, who offered to let me crash there while I get on my feet. It is just easier for me to live up there because everything I know and need is already there.

Let the adventure continue!! :)

No comments: