Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Sugar

I happen to have a seriously bad sweet tooth. Recently, I have been reading more and more about the negative effects of consuming too much sugar - be it raw, regular or really any kind. It is recommended that we consume about 24g of sugar per day. This, I have come to find, is easy to do in 1/2 of a meal. So, my recent project has to been to limit my sugar intake and to assess whether or not I notice any side effects or serious benefits. It's all part of my "clean up" process as I ease back into training for 2011.

Have a quick look at some of the labels of the foods you eat... I bet you'll be shocked at how much sugar is added and contained in things you would never assume to be loaded with it.

1 comment:

Brian said...

Sugar is in everything and I have a the "weakness" too! But, I stopped buying sweet stuff a long while back and just back stuff for the Spawn and I now so we can montor the sugar more. Oh, and I read something yesterday (seriously) that one of those fake sugars turn into formaldahyde in your body. WTF?