Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A thought for the day...

I've been doing some research on the alkaline acid diet and the benefits that considering the PH level of my body may have on my performance and overall well being. It has been suggested that keeping the body in a slightly alkaline state can help to prevent diseases and illness. When the body is in an acidic state it produces acidic waste and actually starts to kill off good cells.

I'm not one to just believe everything, and all the fad diets out there, but I find the idea behind this eating system to be pretty thought provoking. I am going to try to be a bit more conscientious about the types of foods, and combinations, that I put in my body and see if there are any noticeable benefits.

"...even the most nutritious foods can turn to poison in the system if eaten while a person is in a negative frame of mind. Never eat when angry, worried or extremely tired."

An interesting thought to consider. Food is meant to be our fuel but in many instances we eat for pleasure more than for purpose or to fill an emotional hole rather than to fill a caloric need.

No comments: