Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Missing in action.

As per a request from my coach, I have been laying low for the last few weeks. I've been really trying to focus on doing everything right to prepare for my season opener in Sydney this weekend. Training has really started to come together over the last few weeks and I am finally feeling ready to get out and race again. I am excited to see what will happen on the weekend.

I was asked this morning, "What are your chances for the weekend?" I wasn't really sure how to respond to the question, because the answer that the individual wanted was not one I could give. My chances this weekend to have a strong swim/bike/run are fantastic. My chances to put together a good performance backed by hours and hours of training is very good. My chances to do the business that I am trained to do and to walk away at the end of the day with a performance I am proud of, are very good. Where I will end up on the results sheet after that, I don't know. I can't control anyone else, so at the end of the day, my chances to race and race hard, are good... very very good and I can't wait to have an opportunity to do that!

So, the end of Canberra is here. I pack up and head to Sydney along with my training partners tomorrow. Then we prepare to race on Sunday morning.

Oh - in other recent news - while we were swimming open water on Good Friday our cars were broken into and bags/wallets etc. stolen. So much for feeling safe here. What a bummer! Fortunately, my passport is safe, but I am credit card less, so it's a good thing that I'm headed home soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I´m really excited to see you on race. GOOD LUCK!!!!! I`ll support you.
Sharky