Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Update from Davos...

It has been a really hard first block of training and I am sore in places that I didn’t know I could be sore. After the 105 minute run we did over the weekend, involving enough upward running to get us above the tree line in hail and freezing rain, I feel like someone who has not run in years and suddenly decided to race a marathon. It has been a mixed block of training for me, but all hard, and even though I spent time before Oklahoma in Boulder, it has taken me a while to acclimate and adjust to the altitude again which has only added to the fatigue.

Aside from serious training, I have been doing a lot of sleeping and a fair amount of reading. This is not typical for me, but since we only have 2 English channels on the television, entertainment is limited. There are channels that play the Simpsons, Sponge Bob and other “American” television, but it is all dubbed over in French or German. Even the movies at the local theater are all dubbed with English subtitles, which is a less than enticing way to watch an English film.

This weekend I will head to Zug for a short sprint race there. It will be a good tune up and a bit of transition practice leading up to the races in the USA in the next few weeks.

No comments: