Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Vacation - Day 3

My attempts to sleep in have been unsuccessful. For some reason, now that I have the time in my day to sleep in, I simply can't. So today, I spent the morning unpacking and trying to organize myself a little bit. I can't seem to find my passport, so I'm hoping that if I unpack and organize myself it might appear.

I got the pleasure of opening up the hood of a car for the first time today. The car that I am borrowing for babysitting needed engine coolant. So, I headed to the gas station, bought some coolant, opened the little manual in the car and figured it out. Not brain surgery, but I'm glad there was a booklet with instructions because otherwise I would have had no idea where to start. Problem is solved, at least for now, because the light went off and I'm not worried the car is going to overheat now.

Today was really low key. Just a drive down to Palos Verdes and some babysitting. I've got some errands to run when I get home tonight, but otherwise, it's a perfect day of vacation. My coach told me to spend some time doing things I don't normally get to do, for me that means do nothing. However, I have to work as I have almost zeroed my bank account back out. I have been a bit behind lately.

Tomorrow I have a long day of work. I have to open the club for 6am and I will work until 3pm. Now is the time to make the money because come triathlon season I won't have time to and I'll need to have something in the bank to travel on.

It looks like my break is going to be cut a bit shorter than I thought. I was supposed to have 2 weeks of nothing and then 2 weeks to sort of get back into it. It looks like the second 2 weeks are going to be eliminated. I can't disclose why just yet... but it is for good reason. :)

No comments: