Thursday, November 8, 2007

San Fran

Last trip!!
Last time packing my bike for a while!
Last time on a plane until Christmas!
Last nervous energy until February!

I am now in San Francisco gearing up for the LAST race of the season (if you hadn't realized that already). I am definitely on super taper! Thankfully, my cold has all but passed at this point, I'm just not sure how Saturday will go. I am either going to be really rested and fresh ...or flat and out of training. I won't know until I'm half way through the race and by then I'll just finish it no matter what. SO it's GAME ON for me.

I'm staying with my cousins in Pleasanton which is about 30 minutes South-East of Treasure Island. It's great to spend time with them and nice not to sit in a hotel room alone all weekend. I've got little to do until tomorrow afternoon when we have our pre-race meeting so I'm just going to relax and enjoy the culmination of a long season.

The BIG news here is that there was a pretty massive oil spill in the San Francisco Bay last night. They think they have most of it contained but as of this afternoon they had shut down all swimming areas (not that many people in their right mind are swimming in a 50 degree bay for pleasure). I'm not sure what it will mean for our race, but I certainly hope the damage is contained and we are able to race in oil free water.

No comments: