Friday, November 30, 2007

Rainy Day in LA

It actually rained here today. Legitimate, all day, rain!

Of course, that makes me really happy, because I'm not a true Los Angelian born and raised. I'm used to changes in weather patterns. There is such a thing as a cloudy day in other parts of the world. Rainy days are especially fun here because people drive really slowly, as if they were in a blizzard, and seem to be in a state of mass confusion and panic. It provides me with a good bit of humor if nothing more.

I took advantage of the rain and did some errands that I had been putting off. After an early morning swim with Trifit masters (which was good fun) I opted to run outside. I was thinking about the treadmill, but since I love running in the rain I decided to enjoy every second of it. After all, who knows when it will rain here again?! The run was great and even wet feet could not wipe the smile from my face.

It's the little things in life that make me happy... like a rainy day in L.A. and a feet soaked run through puddles, dodging cars, down to the bluffs and back.

No comments: