Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Drug Test

So, fittingly enough, after just writing about how I am not opposed to taking all LEGAL drugs to get myself free of illness and ready to race on Saturday, I got a call from USADA yesterday. I was at work, babysitting in Palos Verdes, and I got a call from a number I didn't know. I answered and the voice on the other end of the line said "Hi, this is Debbie from USADA" (US Anti Doping Agency). My response, laughter. I had 2 hours to report and was in the middle of babysitting.

I was not expecting the out-of-competition drug test (that's the point), although the last one I had was in March, so I was way overdue. She was so nice and offered to meet me at the Toyota Sports Center where I had to drop of one of the boys I watch for hockey practice. The best part was when we got to listing all of the supplements and medicine I had taken in the last 3 days... the list got really long.

Always exciting when USADA drops in unannounced.

No comments: