Saturday, November 10, 2007

Dooms Day

I slept well last night. I didn't have too many crazy dreams and managed a good 9 hours of rest, which I am pretty certain I am going to need today.

Normally, when a race is later in the day, my coach has me run a little in the morning to shake some of the nerves out, but since I am already going to be running 10 miles today, I am going to opt against that.

Breakfast this morning consisted of a bagel with some peanut butter and honey, a banana and a yogurt. I will probably eat again about 1 hour out from the race, just something small to top off the tank.

Now, it is time to shower, pack and get ready to conquer this new challenge.

I think the scariest part is the fact that I have never done a Duathlon this long. I've done one in my life, didn't so much enjoy it, so I have been kind of keen on keeping away from them for a while. It's hard to go into a race in a format you haven't trained for and be excited about it. I suppose it is a learning experience, a good challenge and mental test and it will only serve to make me a stronger athlete in the end.

No comments: