Thursday, January 7, 2010

Australia Camp 2010

... has started! I am down in Canberra for my early season prep. I finally got the all clear from Dr. Reichlin and am building back into full fledge, no stops, training.

Only two days in to training camp and my body is in complete shock. I haven't been sleeping very well because my body is having trouble shutting down at night. I know it is only a matter of time before I'm back to fitness again and my body starts to cope a bit better. I'm so happy to be back though. For as hard as diving head first back into things should be, I could not be happier. I am excited to go train - even when it is 2 sessions a day in the pool - which is something I have been struggling with for the last few months because of my injury and the mental toll it took on me all year. I'm just so eager to get back to fitness and finally be able to perform the way my coach and I know I can.

I am hoping to work with Kevin Koresky at Finish Line Multisport a bit this year and to do some video and photo diaries so everyone can better follow my 2010 season. I think it would be fun to let everyone into my life a little bit more! We are working to try to get some video equipment so we can make this happen!

An add on to my last post: Another new addition to my sponsorship team this year is BONT. They make top of the line cycling shoes and I am so excited to have them on my feet this season. Known mainly for their amazing speed skating boots, they have crossed over into the cycling world. Their brand new triathlon specific shoe will be out on the market soon and I'm guessing they'll be received just as well as their line of road specific shoes.

No comments: