Tuesday, April 7, 2009

6th Place - New Plymouth ITU

Another great weekend of racing in another amazing location. My first trip to New Zealand and I'm already looking forward to going back again.

The race was held in the Port of Taranaki. I stayed in Oakura, a small surfing village about 12k south of New Plymouth, with an absolutely wonderful family (thank you!).

The race was a tough one - ocean swim with some nice chop and chilly 16c temperatures, a rolling bike with a massive hill to do your legs in 7 times and an equally hilly and challenging run - but I had a solid day and walked away with a great run split and an excellent 6th place finish.

The finish moves me to 61st on the ITU points World ranking list and moves me up to the 6th American. Not a bad place to be so early in the year.







Only a few weeks and I head back to the USA, after almost 7 months down under, to tackle some American races before heading over to Europe.

No comments: