Wednesday, February 11, 2009

My other job...

Yesterday, I had my first day of work at the Genki Cafe, which is just down the street from where I live in Palm Beach. I had 2 training shifts prior to this, but yesterday was the first full length, 7 hour, shift. I was a bit nervous only because there is so much to learn and so quickly, but no better way to learn than to be thrown into the fire. I'm sure in a few days time I'll be a pro and not think twice about any of it.

Aside from a miscommunication over one order, the day went smoothly and was only mildly hectic. It was certainly one of the longest days I've had in a while. If nothing more, it really makes me appreciate being able to train and recover and not have to stand on my feet for 7 hours every day!

Today, I repeat the day again, with another 7 hour shift. I've decided that I'm going to wear my Skins compression leggings while at work today. With a race this weekend, I need to promote good recovery and blood flow so my legs aren't too dead when I get to the start line.

I really do enjoy working at the Care though. The people I work with are great and the customers were all really pleasant. It is nice to have something else to focus on outside of triathlon and knowing I have a bit of money coming in, to pay the bills, doesn't hurt either!

No comments: