Monday, September 15, 2008

A quick update...

Here is the latest from Santa Monica, CA!

I am back in full training. After the week of easy build up, I am well into my second week of hard training. Everything is going great and I am finding that my previous fitness is coming back quite quickly. I did some swim sessions with the local masters team out here, which was fantastic. They are a great group of people and helped to keep me motivated to get through my 6k days. I've ramped up my running volume to get it back up to where it was when I was at the peak of my training in Boulder. I know that I need this heading into the last block of racing. So far, so good!

This past weekend, I had the great pleasure of spending the weekend in Malibu with my California family. We stayed at my California Mom's parents beach house, which was fantastic, and I got to take part in a relay at the Malibu Olympic Distance Triathlon. I ran the 10k leg for the "family" relay. Building it into my 20k run day was fantastic, especially when I ended up pulling out a personal best split!

Sunday, I watched the sprint race and got to see some of the celebrities in action. That was quite amusing. It was great that they came out and are interested in our sport but I think we need to work with JLo to get her T1 time down from 6 minutes!

I have finally made a decision about my future and have selected a new coach. I will be moving to Australia in about 10 days, after the race in China, to work with my new coach there. I can't wait to start this new chapter in my life and to get to work so that I can start accomplishing some of my many goals in this sport!

Otherwise, I am hard at work packing, organizing and trying to figure out which companies will become part of my team in 2009! It is an exciting and crazy time, which is why I have been so bad about writing, but hopefully as things calm down I will be able to post more often.

Now, I am off to bed, another BIG day awaits!

1 comment:

IronGambit said...

You are going to Australia!?! ;)