Saturday, May 3, 2008

Doing what you LOVE

My little brother helped reminded me tonight of how lucky I am to wake up each morning and to be able to do what I LOVE to do.

I cannot imagine going through the motions and doing something day in and day out that I didn't love to do. It goes against everything that I am. Life is too short to be miserable, especially in what you choose to do, and it is a waste to spend your life trying to be someone you aren't just because you "happen to be good at it". There are a lot of things that I am good at, but I chose not to do them. If you don't love what you do and you can't wake up each day and get excited about the work ahead of you, then you won't ever really be successful or fulfilled. It all just makes me realize how lucky I am. Despite the trials and tribulations and all of the difficulties I have had to face, I get to wake up and do what I love every single day of the year.

I just don't think that it should ever be enough to "happen to be good at" anything. You've got to love what you do and you've got to love who you are.

2 comments:

IronGambit said...

wow, he does have some big shoes to fill! At least talent (runs) in the family :)

Anonymous said...

good stuff...