Saturday, January 12, 2008

Final Countdown...

Less than 24 hours until the La Paz Pan American Cup....

I feel like I have been away forever at this point and am really excited that tomorrow it will be time to unleash the fury again.

I've done all the proper training and recovery this week and my body feels like its ready to go again. Mentally, I have been in a great state of mind since last weekend, so hopefully when I get on the start line tomorrow the two will come together and magic will happen.

The weather has cooled off a bit, so it looks like the heat will be quite bearable. It will be hot, but it will be hot for everyone, so the temperature will really not be something on my mind at all.

I went down with Helen Tucker and we watched the little kids race yesterday. They were so great and so intense! It was quite inspiring to watch them get out there and just give it their best go. There were more specators there to cheer them on than came to the US Pro Nationals last year. I am excited to see what the crowds will be like for our race tomorrow.

I will be wearing #74 this week. There are 25 women in the field and nothing has really changed from last weekend. I know what I need to do. I know where I went wrong last week and thus, I know where I am going to go right this weekend. The race starts at 3pm here in La Paz which is noon EST.

I won't say too much more about my goals for the weekend because I think the pressure that I have placed on myself is enough for now. But I am hoping to improve on last weekends result and have another very solid showing here.

Feel free to send along all of your fast thoughts!
Jenna :)

No comments: